Scotland Self Build Loan Fund
The Scottish Government have provided a time limited fund to assist self or custom builders finance the construction period for their new home.
The fund runs from the 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2021 and is open to applications from individuals who have been unable to obtain mainstream self-build mortgage finance, but who will be able to repay the loan upon completion of their project. The maximum loan available stands at £175,000.
Have a question?
Want to know more?
We have a selection of factsheets on the Self Build Loan Fund
Please find below a summary of the information required, during the application process:
- Demonstrate that you been unable to obtain mainstream self-build mortgage finance for a new home (not a conversion or extension); and
- Intend to occupy the property as your sole and only residence; and
- Own a house plot (such as de-crofting); and
- Have Full Planning Permission in place and be ready to apply for a Building Warrant; and
- Have a defined elemental build cost and construction programme; and
- Be able to demonstrate that you will be able to repay the loan upon completion of your build.
Self build examples
Looking for more information on self build?
Scotland’s Self & Custom Build Portal provides information and guidance on how to build your own home in Scotland